Denton & Keuler - Attorneys at Law in Paducah, Kentucky, Corporate and Personal Law, Ted Hutchins
Ted Hutchins' professional and personal philosophies cover a lot of ground. Ted's experience at Denton & Keuler spans a broad spectrum of business law and taxation, including purchase, mergers, acquisitions, and business planning for multi-million dollar concerns to family-held companies. He has found a unique rapport with clients in the area of estate planning whose needs range from basic wills to more complex estate and gift tax planning.
Ted also makes time to invest in the grass roots support systems of his hometown. He has worked with a number of nonprofit agencies and civic institutions in the community including the United Way , the Community Foundation of West Kentucky, the Lourdes Foundation, and the Paducah Public Library. Ted lends his more artistic side to the likes of the River Heritage Museum, Inc. and the Paducah Film Society.
Some of the ground he most likes to cover is his 100 acres in nearby Ballard County which is protected by means of a conservation program. There, he and his family enjoy the fun of the outdoors, the bounties of nature, and the comfort of knowing that their small plot of ground provides a welcome sanctuary to small game and local wildlife.
“I enjoy every aspect of my work, but I seem to have found a certain affinity for working with elderly people. I'm fortunate to still have two sets of living grandparents, and I think that may give me a personal insight into the needs and concerns of clients in this stage of life. However, I think it's always important to reach across the desk and fully understand the particular uniqueness of every individual client.”
| Practice Areas:
|| Partial Client List:
- Mercy Regional Emergency Medical System, LLC.
- The Paducah Bank & Trust Company
- Premier Fire Protection, Inc.
- Rehab Associates, P.S.C.
- Utilities Dynamics, Inc.
- Complete Denton & Keuler Client List
Born: St. Louis, MO, September 23, 1968
He is married to Monica Hutchins. They have three children, Kyler, Reese, and Ally.
- Southeast Missouri State University, B.S., 1990
- University of Kentucky, J.D., 1993
Admitted to Practice:
- Admitted to Kentucky Bar Association
- Admitted to Illinois Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Kentucky, 1993
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois, 1994
- Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, 1999
- Kentucky Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- McCracken County Bar Association
- President, United Way of Paducah-McCracken County, 2007
- Life Fellow, Kentucky Bar Foundation, 2006
- President, McCracken County Bar Association, 2006
- President Elect, United Way of Paducah-McCracken County, 2006
- 2005 Leadership Kentucky Class
- Vice President, Board of Directors, United Way of Paducah-McCracken County, Inc., 2005
- Secretary, River Heritage Museum, Inc., 2005
- Board of Directors, River Heritage Museum, Inc., 1999-2006
- Adjunct Professor of Business Law, Paducah Community College, 1997-2000, 2004
- 1996 Volunteer of the Year, United Way of Paducah-McCracken County, Inc.
- Board of Directors, United Way of Paducah-McCracken County, Inc., 1995-present
- National Business Institute, Helping Your Client Buy or Sell a Small-to-Medium Sized Business, March 2011
- McCracken County Bar Association, Overview of Estate and Gift Taxation, February 2011
- ALI-ABA (American Law Institute-American Bar Association), The New Estate Tax Regime: Making Sense out of Chaos, January 2011
- American Bankers Association- Washington, D.C., So You Thought that the Trust was Irrevocable …, October 2010
- University of Kentucky – Continuing Legal Education, 30th Annual Conference on Legal Issues for Financial…, September 2010
- Cannon Financial Institute, Fiduciary Mistakes and Learning from Them & Knowing…, July 2010
- ALI-ABA (American Law Institute-American Bar Association), Effective and Ethical Representation Agreements, March 2010
- McCracken County Bar Association, Amanda Kumar's Case, March 2010
- ALI-ABA (American Law Institute-American Bar Association), The Impact of Estate Tax Repeal-Going Blindly Where No..., January 2010
- National Constitution Center, Analyzing Financial Statements: What Every Attorney Should Know, January 2010
- American Bankers Association- Washington, D.C., Trust Officers and the Duty of Loyalty, November 2009
- McCracken County Bar Association, Intellectual Property Law – The Basics, January 2009
- McCracken County Bar Association; 2009 Annual Convention, June 2009
- University of Kentucky; Estate Planning & Administration for the Senior Client, July 2008
- University of Kentucky; 35th Annual Midwest/Midsouth Estate Planning Institute, July 2008
- DecisionQuest; Using Jury Research to Prepare for Mediation & Trial, June 2008
- Kentucky Bar Association; Ethics for Supervisory & Subordinate Attorneys in Practice, April 2008
- Kentucky Bar Association; Family Limited Partnership Parts I and II, February 2008
- McCracken County Bar; Prudent Trustees; Duties & Liabilities, February 2008
- McCracken County Bar; Avoiding Legal Malpractice, October 2007
- McCracken County Bar Association; State Electronic Filing, March 2007
- Cannon Financial Institute; Recent Developments for Estate Planning, February 2007
- McCracken County Bar Association; Here's the Top Ten! Ethics and Malpractice..., November 2006
- Cannon Financial Institute; 2006 Estate Planning Teleconferences Series, March 2006
- National Business Institute; Essentials of Section 1031 Exchanges, February 2006
- McCracken County Bar Association; Military Families' Bill of Rights, September 2005
- McCracken County Bar Association; Immigration & Naturalization
Issue, August 2005
- UK College of Law; Estate Planning Institute, July 2005
- McCracken County Bar Association; Drug Court, July 2005
- McCracken County Bar Association; Talking to Children: A Primer,
- The Ins and Outs of Limited Liability Companies in Kentucky,
- Lorman Education Services; The Use of Trusts in Estate Planning, May 2004